Funny thing… DH came home after a long day working, very late! Walked in the house and looked around, saw a few things, and commented that it was “amazing” how much I’d achieved! Nice to have a man who appreciates you!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret… and you’ll have to pay attention… there’s something in the following photos which gives away the illusion… can you pick it?! Yep… it’s a little test!
On a seemingly productive day we
1. Did school-work, opened a bank account for his NZ excursion, stopped by the supermarket, dropped DD5 to kinder, worked on a self-motivated money making scheme (stay tuned for the big reveal!)
2. Found a funky looking recipe on pinterest… and thought we’d give it a try… http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/03/skittles-rainbow-fudge.html
This stuff is dead simple… 10 mins tops… and to die for!
3. When our boarder’s mother came to pick her up and stopped long enough for a cuppa and a chat, I baked a batch of super easy, super bulk, super cheap biscuits. The chocolate ones are an extra bonus… be under no illusion… even my DD12 asked why I was suddenly baking! lol
4. I overlocked a couple of dancing bags for DD5 and her friend who’ve just started Highland Dancing and have their first pumps! VERY exciting! 15 minutes… it’s all in the fabric, trust me!!!
5. I bought some material to make a funky bright skirt for DD5 last week at Spotlight! Here’s the instructions… even off 0.5m fabric, sew side seam together, overlock top and bottom, press hem, press top, sew hem, sew around top 1/4inch in, sew casing for elastic, thread elastic… done! 15 mins… dead simple! Got to love the cord fabric!
Yep, in truth, this was a pretty productive day… but honestly none of these things were particularly time consuming or frustrating so it wasn’t hard to “look” awesome (*chuckle*). But did you spot the FAIL?!!!
I’m no superwoman… today was unusual…
but let’s face it…
this stuff is the easy bit… it was untangling unexpected moods and surprising reactions that tested my skills today…
the practical stuff, the teaching, the running of a house… that’s all relatively simple when you break it down into bits… it’s helping your kids to figure out who they are and how they can handle situations, nutting out the underlying problems, teaching strategies and resilience… that’s the tough stuff! And today was tough from that point of view… it was nice to have DH come home when all was quiet and in order… but he missed the real craziness of the day!
Want to share the highs and lows of your day? Did it “work” or was it just hard?